Cambodia Exports 123,151 Tons of Rubber in 6 Months of 2020​



According to an official report of the General Department of Rubber of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries, in the first half of 2020, Cambodia exported 123,151 tons of rubber, an increase of 18% compared to the same period in 2019.

The average price of rubber in 6 months of 2020 was $1,305 per ton, a drop of $33 per ton, or a 2.47 % decrease from the same period last year. Therefore, Cambodia made $160 million from the first half of 2020 from rubber. 

Currently, there are 404,701 hectares of rubber land in Cambodia, 250,107 hectares of which is rubber plantation areas, equal to 62%. The remaining 38% amounts to 154,594 hectares of maintenance areas. 

In 2019, Cambodia exported nearly 300,000 tons of rubber, earning approximately $400 million. Cambodian rubber is mainly exported to China, Vietnam, Singapore, and Malaysia.

By: Pon Lorngdy

 

X
5s