15 Million Internet Users and 10 Million Facebook Users in 5 Months of 2020
H.E Im Vutha, the spokesperson and member of Telecommunication Regulator of Cambodia, told Fresh News that as of the first half of 2020, there are more than 20 million SIM card subscribers, 15 million Internet users, and more than 10 million Facebook users in Cambodia.
He added it is the data from Telecommunication Regulator of Cambodia as from the end of May 2020.
- There are 6 mobile phone operators with 20,481,054 SIM cards, accounting for 124.09 per cent of the total population, down 0.08 per cent compared with the same period last year.
- There are 6 fixed phone operators with 52,480 subscribers, a 0.32 per cent of the total population, which decreased to 21.62 per cent compared to the same period last year.
- Mobile Internet service providers are 7 with a total of 14,863,435 Sim card subscribers, equaling 90.05 per cent of the total population, an -2.36 decrease compared to the same period in 2019.
- There are 10,950,000 Facebook accounts.
The technology services are the following:
- 2G cellular networks are 99.2 per cent of the total population and it covered 85.7 per cent of the land.
- 3G cellular networks are 85.1 per cent of the total population and it covered 60 per cent of the country.
- 4G-LTE is 80.3 per cent of the total population and it covered 52,7 per cent of Cambodia.
- There are 4 Fiber Optic Internet companies, 3 of them are private operators and one is Telecom Cambodia, with a total of 44,251.6 kilometers.
By: LUNG Vannak